Guidance to Operation and Maintenance of Gas Water Heaters
2016-05-261. Gas water heaters shall be correctly operated as per the instruction manual. Check the water heaters for normal combustion when it is in operation. The water heaters shall be operated as per correct procedures; in other words, to start a water heater, turn on water first, and then turn on gas; when operation is over, turn off gas first, and then turn off water.
2. Prior to operation of a gas water heater, the doors and windows must be opened, or exhaust fan must be turned on. Gas water heater needs a certain amount of air while burning. If sufficient air cannot be guaranteed, the dangers like hypoxia or carbon monoxide poisoning may take place. You had better not use a gas water heater continuously for a long time. If many persons want to take a bath, a certain time interval shall be kept.
3. Any peculiar smell or flame detected in process of operation indicates that gas leak takes place in the gas water heater or gas pipeline. It is required to stop the machine immediately, turn off the gas valve, and open the doors and windows to prevent any danger from occurring. In such a case, it is strictly forbidden to use open fire, turn off/on the switches, or plug/unplug any electric apparatus indoors. Please contact the professional maintenance personnel for inspection and repair in time.
4. The gas water heaters shall be checked regularly:
(2) Prepare and apply a right amount of lather onto the gas circuit and the connections so as to check the gas pipe and external rubber tube for any crackle, aging, and looseness. If any, maintenance shall be conducted in time. The loosened connections shall be tightened, and the broken pipes shall be replaced. No idea of leaving things to chance is allowed.
(3) Check the filtering gauze of intake valve. Water in some regions is relatively hard. Scale may be accumulated on the filtering gauze of intake valve after a long service time, resulting in jamming of the intake valve. To remove the scale, just unscrew the intake pipe, and take out and wash the filtering gauze.
(4) Heat exchangers and primary burners shall be check once every half 6 months or 1 year for any jamming. If any, cleaning shall be conducted in time. Furthermore, the fins fitted inside a heat exchanger shall be cleaned regularly, and the filth adhered onto the surfaces shall be removed with specific purpose tools. Otherwise, incomplete combustion may take place, harmful gases may be generated, or even poisoning may take place.
(5) Check the spray nozzle, ignition needle and induction pin. If a gas water heaters is operated for long time, charcoal may be accumulated at the spray nozzle, ignition pin and induction pin, which may have adverse influences upon normal ignition. Therefore, it is necessary to check the spray nozzle and induction pin regularly in the process of operation, and thoroughly remove the charcoal if any.
5. The watering parts of the control system shall be replaced regularly; The control system shall be check regularly, and repair shall be carried out in time if system failure or response speed slow-down takes place. When the operation of a gas water heaters with bilateral detachable boards, scale shall be removed and gasket packing shall be replaced in time.
6. In winter, water remaining inside the machine shall be bled thoroughly as per the instruction manual every time operation is over so as to avoid freezing that may damage gas water heaters.