Guidance to Operation and Maintenance of cooker Hoods
1. Private sockets fitted with reliable earth wire must be adopted for cooker hoods.
2. The installation height of the cooker hood must be appropriate. The cooker hood shall be installed as per the instruction manual, with an installation height from 650mm to 750mm. In addition, it shall be installed directly over the cooking range such that head collision may be avoided and the effected of oil fume discharge may be guaranteed.
3. It is advisable to turn on the cooker hood 1-2 minutes prior to cooking so as to ensure good effect of oil fume removal. The cooker hood shall be allowed to work for 1-2 minute more when cooking is over so as to discharge the residual oil fume thoroughly.
4. To avoid the phenomena such as too high noises or vibration, or oil dripping/leak of cooker hoods, cooker hoods shall be cleaned regularly so as to prevent excessive oil from adhering to the motor, turbine, and the inner surface of the cooker hood.
5. When a cooker hood is in operation, the kitchen shall be well-ventilated so as to prevent a negative pressure from occurring in the air inside kitchen, such that the suction power of cooker hood may be assured.
6. Rated power of the light bulb for replacement must not exceed the maximum value indicated aside the lamp stand and in the instruction manual; otherwise, temperature rise of the connecting wires and lamp stand may get too high and lead to earlier aging of insulating layer of the wires, resulting in potential hazard of electric shock, or even a fire;
7. Dirty oil accumulated inside the oil cup shall be emptied when the oil level reach 80% of the overall volume so as to avoid overflowing;
8. Cleaning of the gauze filters and filter casing:
(1) Unscrew the screws that fix the gauze filters and filter casing.
(2) Put the removed gauze filters and filter casing into lukewarm water mixed with neutral detergent, and allow them to be immersed for 5-10 minutes.
(3) Use a soft plastic brush to remove the filth inside the small openings of gauze filter, and then towel it off with dry rags.
(4) Use a soft plastic brush to remove the filth inside the small openings of gauze filter, and then towel it off with dry rags.
(5) Reassemble the gauze filters and filter casing as per the former positions.
(6) When installation is over, check the oil circuit of the machine for smoothness, and check the seal rings on the spiral casing for proper sealing.
(7) Please wash the gauze filters and filter casing as per the time interval specified in the instruction manual.
9. Influences of doors and windows of a kitchen upon the oil fume exhaustion of cooker hoods: When a cooker hood is in operation, the user must ensure that the kitchen is well ventilated so as to not only enhance the oil-fume suction/discharge capability of the cooker hood and guarantee enough oxygen for combustion of gas or other fuels, but also prevent the damage to human body due to incomplete combustion of gas or other fuels. So, the doors and windows shall be arranged properly prior to operation. Not only the kitchen shall be well ventilated, but also air convection inside the kitchen shall be avoided so as not to reduce the oil-fume suction/discharge capability of the cooker hood.